We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This is one of my go to recipes for a quick appetizer. Rob is notorious for inviting guest for drinks, but neglecting to mention it to me until the last minute. I always have frozen shrimp in the freezer & mozzarella and cream cheese in the fridge. Simply defrost your frozen shrimp in a water bath and put the ingredients together. It takes about 1 hour from start to finish.
As I mentioned, we spent Thanksgiving with our good friends Robyn & Barry and this is the appetizer I brought. Everyone loved it and I had many requests for the recipe – Barry’s comment was, “Forget about Thanksgiving dinner, I’ll just eat this!”
You heard me mention this many times before, but I’ll reiterate. You can’t substitute quality. And in my kitchen, I make every effort to use the best ingredients prepared with top quality tools. For this recipe, I used
Hellman’s mayonnaise and Sargento mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. It makes a difference! For my kitchen tools, I used a 9″ Emil Henry Baking Dish sprayed with Pam Canola Oil Blend nonstick spray, and a large Calphalon non stick skillet.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound of raw medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Sargento mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Sargento Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat
a 9″ Emile Henry baking dish with Pam Canola Oil Blend nonstick spray.
Melt butter in a large Calphalon non stick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly until shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer; remove from the heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately with bread crisps or crackers.