We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This is my husband’s favorite breakfast! Rob is an early riser, starting his day sometime between 2:30-4:00 AM. Way too early for me. He doesn’t have far to travel, just down the hall into his home office. Then, around 5:30AM he’s had his morning coffee and is ready for breakfast. Several times a week he prepares wonderful scrambled eggs with a side of sautéed vine fresh tomatoes and mushrooms. To dress the eggs up, he’ll add fresh herbs as a final step. So, while it’s still dark, and flashlight in hand, he snips a sprig or two from potted herbs around the outdoor kitchen. It could be sage, rosemary, chive, oregano whatever strikes his fancy. They’re all terrific!
To make this a perfect success, I use two Calphalon Classic Nonstick Omelet frying pans. One for my eggs. And the other for frying my tomatoes and mushrooms.
Rob’s favorite breakfast
- 4 free range organic brown eggs
- 3 medium size vine-fresh tomatoes
- 4-5 medium size mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- You’ll need two medium-size Calphalon Classic Nonstick Omelet frying pans. In one pan, add the tomatoes and mushroom and sauté without butter at medium heat until cooked… usually 4-5 minutes. Take off heat.
- In the 2nd pan, heat butter at medium-high until melted. Break eggs into a pan. Using a flexible spatula, stir until the eggs start to cook. Remove from heat continue stirring eggs for about 20 second. Return to heat, continue to stir eggs.
- Finally, remove from heat when eggs are clumpy, but soft.
Fold in your freshly chopped herbs. Season with Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Plate eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms.