We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Did you know that November is “National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Month”? I don’t mind cooking, cleaning & laundry, but there are two household chores I hate! The first is cleaning out the refrigerator and the second is emptying the dishwasher. Since Rob is the official dishwasher emptier, it was my job to tackle the refrigerator. The fridge part was simple enough, but the freezer was like “Lucy’s Closet.
While cleaning out the refrigerator, I found a bag of frozen shrimp, a piece of frozen fresh ginger, a few mushrooms, a head of broccoli, and a bunch of slightly wilted green onions.
To make this dish a great success, I recommend using these ingredients and cooking tools:. Ingredient Note: Whenever possible, I always purchase the “Culinary” size ingredients for cost savings and their canister or large seal containers. That way I’m rarely out of an ingredient when I need to put my hands on one. Also, if you’re unfamiliar with a specific brand that I recommend, you can rest assured that I’ve tested it many time before against more well-known brands and found it superior. Lastly, oftentimes the actual “pack or bulk size” of a recommended ingredient is listed. That’s for your ordering purposes. It has nothing to do with the “specific amount” called for in my recipe.
Crisco Pure Canola Oil
Argo 100% Pure Corn Starch
Success Boil in Bag White Rice, 14 oz
Marukan Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar Unseasoned
Busy Bee Clover Honey Jug 80 oz
Calphalon 1948249 Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Covered Omelet Fry Pan, 12“
Here is the recipe I made for dinner!
- 1 pound of large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Argo 100% Pure Corn Starch
- 3 tablespoons Crisco Pure Canola Oil, divided
- 1/2 cup of diagonally cut green onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- I bag Success Boil in Bag White Rice
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons of Marukan Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar Unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons Busy Bee Clover Honey Jug 80 oz
- Combine shrimp & cornstarch, tossing to coat.
- Heat a large Calphalon 1948249 Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Covered Omelet Fry Pan, 12“ over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon to the pan; swirl to coat.
- Add shrimp and stir fry for about 3 minutes until shrimp almost done. Remove shrimp into a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil to the skillet & swirl to coat. Add green onions, ginger & garlic to the pan & stir fry for 45 seconds. Remove the onion mixture and add to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Add broccoli & mushrooms to the pan and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp & onion mixture, soy sauce and remaining ingredients & bring to a boil.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until shrimp is cooked through & broccoli is crisp-tender.