We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I took French cooking classes many years ago and watched a demonstration of a pastry chef making homemade puff pastry. It was time consuming & have never attempted the process. Thank God for Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. I always keep a box in the freezer. All you have to do is defrost it in the fridge overnight and the next day it’s ready to roll out.
In this dish, I used fresh dill as a garnish but also added it to the filling for more flavor. I also used Colavita extra virgin olive oil, this really well made heavy 12 cup muffin pan that’s made in America, Pam canola oil spray, and a small All-Clad skillet.
20 Mini Quiches
1 tablespoon of Colavita olive oil
1 large scallion, finely sliced
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
2 large free range organic eggs
2/3 cup of heavy cream
1 tablespoon of fresh dill, finely chopped
ground black pepper
1 package of Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry, thawed
6 ounces of cream cheese, cut into small cubes
8 ounces of leftover baked salmon, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12 cup standard muffin pan with Pam. You will also need a 4 inch round biscuit or cookie cutter.
- In a small small All-Clad skillet over medium heat add the the olive oil. Add the scallions and saute for about 5 minutes until softened. add the parsley and remove from heat.
- Whisk the eggs and heavy cream in bowl until combined into a custard. Whisk in the ground pepper and tablespoon of minced fresh dill.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the 2 sheets of puff pastry to an even thickness. Cut out rounds with a 4 inch cutter. You should get 6 rounds from each Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry sheet. Fit the rounds into the muffin pan pushing them down in the cups with your fingers.
- Distribute the scallion and parsley evenly between the muffin cups.
- Top with cream cheese cubes and torn salmon pieces
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the custard mixture over the filling in each cup
- Bake 25-30 minutes until the filling puffs starts to brown. Remove from oven and cool for 10-minutes
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill and serve.