We had a crazy weekend & to be honest I didn’t feel like a trip to the grocery store yesterday. I made up this recipe with the ingredients I had on-hand. I don’t usually like packages ravioli but was pleasantly surprised at how good the RANA spinach ricotta ravioli was – light and flavorful!
(It was also a ‘buy one get one free’ last week at Publix) Had frozen shrimp in the freezer, a few cherry tomatoes and some mushrooms & spinach in the veggie drawer. Made a garlic cream sauce and dinner was done. Got up this morning and there was Rob sitting in his office… having the leftovers for breakfast. He did take an hour walk afterwards.
Spinach Ravioli with Shrimp & Mushrooms in Garlic Cream Sauce
- 9 oz Four-cheese ravioli
- 1 lb of fresh shrimp
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 oz fresh spinach
- 4 oz Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, fresh grated for topping if desired
- salt and pepper
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large cooking pan, heat up oil and add chopped spinach and sliced mushrooms. Sauté until spinach cooks down and add minced garlic, some salt and pepper. Sauté until garlic is fragrant.
- Add broth, stir well.
- Add heavy cream, Worcestershire, pressed garlic, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add shrimp and scallops. Cook until shrimp start to turn pink and flip shrimp and scallops.
- Add ravioli, carefully stir in and cook until shrimp is done.
Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and cook for another minute.
- Serve right away.