We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I got this recipe many years ago from a Junior League Cookbook. I’ve made it so many times that the page is so spattered the it’s almost unreadable.
Now for my Banana Bread story - Last summer Rob & I were in Upstate NY visiting family. Just before we left our neighbor our neighbor Tim presented me with a large bunch of green bananas from his tree & I mean a LARGE BUNCH! I went on the internet and found that the best way to ripen them is to hang in a dark place (i.e. garage). We put our neighbors Scott & Xandra in charge of babysitting the bananas. The morning after I returned Scott presented me with this bunch of really, really ripe bananas & I spent a whole day just baking banana bread – 28 LOAVES!
Needless to say, everyone we know got a loaf of banana bread including the guy that services our pool and the woman that cuts my hair. I even sent overnight mail a couple to our neighbor Tim who now lives in Boulder, CO. I NEVER AGAIN WANT TO SEE A LARGE BUNCH OF BANANAS UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE IS IN CHARGE OF MAKING BANANA BREAD!!
Sour Cream Banana Bread
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) Land-O-Lakes butter, softened
- 1 cup Domino Sugar
- 2 Free Range Organic Eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups Pillsbury all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Morton Kosher Salt
- 1 cup mashed Dole bananas (about 3 bananas)
- ½ cup Breakstone sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick vanilla extract
- 1 cup Diamond Chopped Walnuts
Note: For one 9-inch loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Grease and flour one 9-inch loaf pan or several smaller pans, like this Williams-Sonoma Loaf Pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Ad the eggs and mix well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; combine with the butter mixture.
- Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; stir well. Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45-minutes to one-hour, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10-minutes, then turn out onto a rack.