My wife is a dynamite cook. Frankly, she is ‘chef’ level any day of the week even though she denies it. Rarely does she make the same thing twice. Her idea of fun and relaxation is to scour through old cookbooks and surf the net in search unique recipes; often ones she alters with her own twist. Then there are those she creates from scratch.
This is one of them! Honestly, it’s absolutely incredible! If you’re a potato salad lover, you’ll go bonkers over this recipe! But like most everything in life, you have to do things correctly. First of all, only use Hellman’s mayonnaise. It won’t be right without it. Next, your kitchen tools are equally important. we use All-Clad cookware almost exclusively. For this recipe, Barb used one of her favorite pans the
3-quart All-Clad saucepan. Again, it’s the right tool for the right job.
Barb’s “Unbelievably Delicious” Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds round red or white potatoes (approx. 6 medium ones), peeled
- 1 1/2 cups Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Place potatoes in 3-quart All-Clad saucepan; add enough water to cover potatoes. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook covered 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes into cubes.
- Mix Hellmann’s mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in large glass or plastic bowl.
- Add potatoes, celery and onion; toss. Stir in eggs. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors and chill. Keep covered in refrigerator.