We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It’s the week before Christmas, and Rob and I have been to 4 parties in the last week. We’ve had too much to drink and way too much decadent foods to sample. So, we wanted something light and healthy for dinner. To begin our search we went to the Farm Market on Saturday morning, and I was enticed by the huge array for fresh vegetables. That was it! I decided to make Fresh Gazpacho and add a few grilled shrimp for protein.
One of the essential kitchen appliances to make Gazpacho is my 14 Cup Cuisinart Food Processor. The first time I ever say a food processor was in the mid 70’s at a cooking demonstration in a department store in Rochester, New York. I was in awe as I watched the woman chop, slice & shred all kinds of foods. In the 70’s, it was a little pricey and I was really just a novice cook, but I just had to have one. Besides chopping, slicing & shredding, it’s great for making homemade nut butter, pesto & hummus, chopping nuts, grinding meat. But, one of my favorite uses is making home made no fail pie crust. I also have a Mini Cuisinart Food processor to use when chopping smaller amounts.
PS – My first Cuisinart lasted for almost 30 years until I literally wore it out!
8 Side dishes
1 hour & 20 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into pieces
- 1/2 orange pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 English cucumber, cut into pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 6 tomatoes, seeded and cut into pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 avocado, cut into large chunks
For Grilled Shrimp Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Combine garlic and next 8 ingredients into the
14 Cup Cuisinart Food Processor & pulse until finely chopped. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add seeded tomatoes in to the Cuisinart and , and pulse until almost smooth.
- Stir the tomatoes into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss shrimp in olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Grill the shrimp over medium high for about 3 – 5 minutes or until done.
- Dice the avocado into fairly large chunks.
- Pour gazpacho into serving dishes and garnish with grilled shrimp & avocado chunks.