We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I got this marvelous recipe from my Nephew, Adam who is a private chef in Breckenridge, CO. Adam loves to cook but his new love is his 4 month old son River. I have to tell you that River is appropriately named because Adam’s passion is fishing. I haven’t met River in person yet, but thanks to his Mom Cait, I’ve gotten lots of photos. Looking forward to meeting him in August when I head to Colorado to celebrate my sister Carol’s 70th birthday. Finally, I won’t be the only one in the family to hit the 70’s
More about the recipe. It is delicious and only takes about 20 minutes to prepare. I have served it several times for brunch and always gotten rave reviews. Here’s some of my must use components; Colavita extra virgin olive oil, Pam original no-stick baking butter spray,
10″ Calphalon non stick fry pan,
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with Pam original no-stick baking butter spray,
- Heat oil in 10” Calphalon non stick fry pan over medium heat and cook the mushrooms until lightly golden, 6 – 8 minutes.
- While.the mushrooms are cooking, partially split the croissants, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Cool mushrooms.
- Stuff the split croissant first with grated swiss, followed by diced ham, spinach then mushrooms.
- In a bowl beat eggs and milk. Add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove aluminum foil, and bake until the eggs a puffed and just set, 25-30 minutes more.
Please Note: If you don’t have time to refrigerate overnight, the minimum refrigeration time is 1 1/2 – 2 hours.