We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I have to admit I got this recipe for The Pioneer Woman. I had one of those awful summer colds and I was laying on the couch feeling miserable watching the Food Network.
I had bought a large bag of baby potatoes at Costco the week before & after serving them roasted and grilled thought this was something different. Ree Drummond was making these for her large brood, but since it was just Rob & I used a half sheet pan and only made about a dozen. They were really easy to make, delicious and the next morning served some with over easy eggs on top. These were a big hit with Rob “The Breakfast Man”. We still had some leftover!
I recommend using these ingredients and kitchen tools to make this a perfect side dish:
Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sargento Parmesan grated cheese
McCormick Culinary Mediterranean Grind Sea Salt, Fine
McCormick Fine Ground Black Pepper (Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher)
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 12-inch by 17-inch
CRASH HOT POTATOES
- 12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ C Melted Butter
- McCormick Culinary Mediterranean Grind Sea Salt, Fine
- McCormick Fine Ground Black Pepper (Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher)
- Rosemary, finely chopped
- Sargento Parmesan grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450-degrees.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
- Drizzle a Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 12-inch by 17-inch with Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place tender potatoes on the sheet pan, leaving plenty of room between each potato.
- With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, then push the excess out of the masher back on top of the potatoes. Rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again, pushing out the excess. Drizzle the tops of each crushed potato generously with melted butter.
- Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.) Add grated Parmesan.
- Bake in a 450-degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and sizzling.