We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This recipe contains affiliate links to our favorite products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
As Rob previously mentioned, we were at Week’s Fish Market in Bonita Springs & purchased a whole Lane Snapper. We have a friend, Chef Hector who had previously prepared snapper grilled in banana leaves in our outdoor kitchen.
Rob decided that we would be doing our first live video while preparing this meal on our Luxor 42 Inch Built-in Natural Gas Grill. How hard can it be?!?! Well, Rob was on camera recording with his selfie stick and iPhone. And, I was in charge of recording with our 2nd iPhone. Trust me! I’m not technical. Nor do I care about the latest electronic this and that. To give you an example, I begrudgingly replaced my flip phone for an iPhone a few months ago…and keep forgetting to charge it. Oh Well! I did a decent job for a novice, but didn’t know how to turn it off at the end of the recording.
The whole Lane Snapper was moist and delicious and just needed a squeeze of lemon at the end.
Citrus Chili Lane Snapper Grilled in Banana Leaves
Lane snapper Ingredients:
- 3 lbs Whole lane Snapper. Yields approximately 2-10 ounce filets (skin on), separated into 4 equal size portions.
- 4 large fresh banana leaves
citrus=jalapeno marinade ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Tropicana orange juice
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4 gloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Bee Proud honey
- Morton Salt to taste.
- Slice banana leaves lengthwise with a sharp knife, cutting out the center stem.
- Carefully wilt the banana leaves on the grill over medium heat, until pliable. Check frequently. Be careful not to burn them.
- Season the Lane Snapper and wrap each piece of fish in a wilted banana leaf, securely it with a wooden skewer,
- Place each wrapped fish on grill at medium heat. Flip them frequently, Grill approximately 2 1/2 minutes per side depending upon your choice of cook time.
- Unwrap and plate.
Recommended Side Dishes:
– Grilled Sweet Potato Salad
– Wilted Romaine Lettuce, drizzled with olive oil, salt & pepper to taste