We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This recipe contains affiliate links to our favorite products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Rob and I love to entertain! And, one of our top ten most applauded appetizers are these cheesy crab cups! They’re easy to make. Look terrific! And, taste even better!
Here’s my recommended list of ingredients that make this appetizer a success every time:
Philadelphia cream cheese,
Sargento shredded Cheddar cheese ,
Old Bay seafood seasoning,
Athens mini phyllo shells.
And as far as kitchen tools are concerned, these two make the preparation that much easier:
Cuisinart hand mixer , and
Calphalon baking sheets.
- 4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Sargento shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 scallion (green onion), thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 (2.1-ounce) box Athens mini phyllo shells (15 per box)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, using a Cuisinart hand mixer (like this one) beat cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, and garlic powder just until combined.
- Gently beat in scallion and crabmeat just until evenly mixed. Spoon 1 tablespoon crab mixture into each phyllo shell and place on your baking sheets. We prefer to use our Calphalon baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and shells are golden.